Hand made by Torsea Pet Furniture in Australia
- please allow up to two weeks to despatch as they are usually made to order.
- Shipping in victoria: $11
Veterinarians recommend elevated feeders for dogs and cats because they offer a number of benefits:
- Hygiene and cleanliness – Elevated bowls help keep food and water in the bowl and not on the floor. With a normal pet dish, as dogs raise their heads to facilitate swallowing, water and food often ends up on the floor. In addition, moisture under a traditional food dish can foster mould and bacteria growth.
- Health – Elevated feeding stations help reduce intestinal gas in dogs by removing the need to bend over when eating. Eating in a bent over position forces dogs to gulp their food and swallow more air in the process. Higher food dishes result in less gulping and reduced intestinal gas. In addition, elevated food bowls are more comfortable for pets with arthritis, sore joints, or neck/ back problems. If eating is painful or uncomfortable, pets are less likely to eat. Raising food and water to a comfortable level encourages eating and drinking thereby promoting proper nutrition.
- Comfort – Pet owners also benefit by not having to bend over as far to fill water and food dishes. For the frail, physically disabled, or people with arthritis or back problems, elevated feeders can make a big difference.